US Open

CaolinaJoe

This is how every course should be. No way a guy should win a tournament at -20. Golfers are such pansy asses. No talking, no pictures, and only 4 tough courses a year.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I like how they choose tough corses and then make them harder with pin selection. That is fine in my book. What I don't like is how they artificially raise scores by making what normally is a par 72 hole course and make it a par 70.

I like how they choose tough corses and then make them harder with pin selection. That is fine in my book. What I don't like is how they artificially raise scores by making what normally is a par 72 hole course and make it a par 70.

This is absolutely spot on. Michael Campbell hit 280, which isn't an unheard of score to win a major. But because the USGA set par at 70 for the US Open, Campbell won on even par.

However it is also true that golfers should except that the US Open is played on a tough course and play the course. Thats what golf is. You play the course.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Here's the leaderboard after a 4 round par 72. Meaning everyone's score is lowered by 8 strokes (2 per round).

Campbell -8

Woods -6

Carcia -3

Clark -3

Hensby -3

Love -2

Mediate -2

Singh -6

Price -1

Oberholser -1

That means everyone in the top 10 was actually under par. THat doesn't mean this was actually easy compared to this years Masters it was hard. in the Master top 16 were under par where as in the adjusted US Open scores it was only the top ten. Woods won the Masters with a -12 whereas Campbell won the Open with a -8 when adjusted. The USGA just makes it seem even harder than it actually is.

You realize that what this means is that......the US Open is LOST more times than it's WON. You know what I mean? Golfers just try to hang on on SUnday rather than them being aggressive and shooting for pins, making long putts for bird. This is the only reason why I would have to say that the USGA makes the Open TOO difficult.

SUre, it's nice to see the pros play like us a couple times a year, but I want to see outstanding golf, not someone play par golf to cruise home to a win.

Take last weeks LPGA for example. Ochoa came back from 3 down at the start of Sunday by birdying 5 of the last 6 holes to overtake Creamer. There was no choke job and there was no cruising home with pars. Both ladies had to be aggressive.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

SUre, it's nice to see the pros play like us a couple times a year, but I want to see outstanding golf, not someone play par golf to cruise home to a win.

Except he didn't shoot par he shot 8 under. The USGA changes the pars to make it seem harder. It's not more difficult than the other majors.

Personally I want to the course fight back it adds drama.

I think players who make scores, making birdies etc, get a chance to win enough majors, for instance the Masters, or the USPGA and usually the Open (By that I mean British Open) for it to be fine for the USGA to let players who work for there score, and play percentages. I think it adds a sense of uniqueness to the event, which all sports events need.

Interestingly enough though in the years between 1995-2004 The champions 4 round average at the Masters was 276.5, at the US Open its 276.6.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived