MO State baseball alt

Kess

The only versions of the new Missouri State logos I can find are kinda small, but there were enough to get by with this alt concept. The team (which just finished its last season as Southwest Missouri State) used the bear head on the hats. I didn't like it. I think the block "M" would look great. In the past they've used a white "S." I may try that later. The piping on the jersey matches what the team wears now, so it would go with the pants.

And, yeah, I went with a vest. I like 'em. I may try a full-out Mo State baseball concept soon.

BaseballAlt1.gif

C&C always welcome.

Edit: Forgot to give props to Roger Clemente for the template.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

I like it, the M on the Hat's just a little bit big, good job.

You mite want to make the M on the hat a different color as well as the ''MSU'' on the sleeve.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like the concept for the alternate. But the hat I have a problem with.

To channel Hubie Brown for a moment... "OK, you're Missouri State. You used to be known as 'Southwest Missouri State', but decided to change your name. Here's your problem: it'll be hard to be known as "MSU" nationwide, as both Michigan State and Mississippi State already are better known with those initials. Worse still, Mississippi State's colors are close enough to yours to be doubly confusing. Even worse, the University of Missouri wears a large 'M' on their baseball hats. What do you do?"

If it were up to me, I'd take the bear's head logo and make it the cap logo. This avoids the "M" and "MSU" issues. It's a great logo, and I associate that with Missouri State more than a monogram or initials. Could you recolor the bear so the head is white with maroon markings? Or, white panels on the front of the hat (think old Blue Jays or Orioles from the '80s)?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived