Fantasy Hockey Concept

A friend of mine is in a sim hockey and league and had decided to relocate his team at the end of the current season to someplace in Ontario. In the league this is in, there are teams already in Toronto, Hamilton, & Ottawa, so he wanted to do something a bit different. After being stumped for a location, I jokingly suggested, "why not move the team to Brantford and call 'em the Ninety-Nines after Brantford's most famous native?" Suprisingly, he latched on to it and asked me to come up with something...so, here's what I came up with...

Little note about the secondary logo: it's supposed to be shield representing the 4 NHL teams Gretz played with (Edmonton, LA, St. Louis, and NY)

Anyways, C&C always appreciated :hockeysmiley:

brantford_concept.gif

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Clever alternate logo.

If Brantford ever wants to change their OHL from the Battalion, it should become THIS.

Actually, the Battalion plays in Brampton.

brammap1fw.th.jpg

It's about 62 miles between the two towns.

Easy mistake to make, I used to get confused too (before I moved to Toronto and played hockey in Brampton) throw in Brandon on the Manitoba border and you have a real confused customer...

I like both your logos, template is a little too standard, maybe customize it a little more.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Nice idea, especially the alternate logo with the oiler, kings, blues and rangers being worked in.

You should know that Brantford kinda beat you to it, cause they've got minor hockey teams called the 99ers.

99erslogo.gif

www.bmha.on.ca/

Kinda a rip-off of the Ottawa 67's. THey should combine some of you ideas with maybe some Oiler colours or something and then they'd have something.

As for the reply, just to let you know the Battalion play in Brampton not Brantford.

Archived