World Baseball Classic: More details announced

Gamingboy

Effective immediately: All St Patrick's Day parties will cease, with the exception of those thrown by people who were born in Ireland. All other people are NOT Irish and therefore should not be claiming their heritage. All Chinese little leaguers playing on American teams will now be known as American little leaguers. Doesn't matter if the 20 generations before them were born in China, they were born in America and that makes them not Chinese.

That's what you all are saying right? Don't be proud of who you are and your family heritage unless you were born there? That would make almost all of you American with the exception of the few Aussies and Englanders. I hope to not see anymore discussions about what you all are then since you seem to agree that you're nothing but Americans despite what your geneology says. :rolleyes:

I don't mean don't be proud of your heritage. But if you were born in the US and have grown up in the US you are an American first and foremost and you shouldn't go play for another country.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say this should be the criteria:

1. Country that you have spent most of your life in (So for Manny Ramirez it'd be USA, since he's spent most of his life here.)

But if you can't make that team then go to...

2. Country that you were born in (So let's take Twins Reliever Jesse Crain, who was born in Toronto, however, he was only there a couple of months before his family moved back to the stats. So he'd first see if he could make Team USA, which he most likely could not, THEN he'd go to Team Canada).

OR...

3. Country you descend from (Okay, so maybe this would be a bit harder to check. But if a guy clearly, clearly, has, say, Italian in him, then he'd play for Italy. BUT ONLY if he couldn't make his team for 1 or 2)

Insert Witty Signature Here.

stop whinging about having to play for the usa just cos a lot of the mlb players spent most their life there.........anywho it makes the competition more interesting, meaning that the us and japan won't be able to neccessarily run away with it (cuba may still not take part officially, but i guess they could have a cuban defectors team...hahahaha!!!)

people can become us citizens when they are officially allowed to stay, for some people it is just easier than staying on a visa or green card.........people should be allowed to be proud of their heritage (but not fanatically patriotic, cos it then gets nationalsitic and ugly)..........

well thats what i think anyway...

Archived