Finally doing some 'pro' work

Nesi427

I recently started working at a doc imaging company, and quite frankly their identiy isn't very good. A very simple logo and it is on everything and surprisingly, it sometimes looks very distorted and not very professional, which the president is always striving for.

idi_original.jpg

To see my proposed idea, CLICK HERE!

C&C welcome

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

The outlining of the IDI should be removed. That looks like it would be a registration headache. Also, I'd move the header and footer copy on the letterhead farther in from the edge of the paper. To jazz things up a bit, I would consider some sort of fake watermark in the background of the letterhead.

Nice work.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Nice!!!

I like the overall presentation of the concept.

If I was to change something, I'd look at more font.

Doesn't scream Professional to me. Slant's a little too much as well.

Do they call themselves IDI? or do they use the full name? I find IDI too "common".

I agree with Quantum about the watermark, maybe the logos from the business card, but diagonally and oversized, bleeding through the corner.

Finally, for the apparel, I'd keep 2 golf shirts only (one white and one dark), and add a t-shirt (ash grey), and a mock turtleneck (some of the shipping guys must go in and out of cold places) in the other dark colour...

Overall, it's a very good concept...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated.

Now as all the designers do, I will justify my choices...lol

The four shirts are just so the President can see that other colors look good, b/c right now we only have a navy shirt, which we aren't required to wear anyway.

The letter head isn't laid out all the way to edge, when printed there will be a 1/4 in margin all the way around. I definitely like the idea of a watermark on the letter head and I will work that into my presentation, so thanks for the tip!

And we go by IDI as our main name, so that's not my call...

Thanks guys!

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Nesi

I hope it's not too late to chime in. I agree with the others, removing the outlines

will give you a cleaner more professional look. I also agree there's probably a better

font choice so at first glance the "I"'s aren't confused for graphic elements. On that note,

did you explore the idea of having some motion in the underline by using the drum from

a copier as an element. It may help the line flow better and not give the logo such

a rigid look. All the straight lines make it look harsh.

You'll want to give more than a 1/4" border on the letterhead. The logo should be at

least a 1/2" or more. A quarter inch is way too close and could be construed as sloppy printing.

just my 2¢

Archived