ATTN: Phillies fans...

Titanium Eagle

According to Daily News Live, apparently, the White Sox called Wade and said "We'll give you ANYTHING (repeat: ANYTHING) for Billy Wagner."

...AND ED WADE TURNED THEM DOWN. He told them "We're still in the hunt, I don't think this is a good time to deal him" He's scared of being fired, so he turned the White Sox down.

I HATE THIS IDIOT.

THEY called HIM and said they'd give him ANYTHING, for Wagner, and HE TURNED THEM DOWN.

The worst GM in baseball. Anybody who says different is wrong. There's a reason why no other GM in the MLB respects this idiot. :cursing:

philliescreamersig2copy.png

What do you really think the Sox meant by "anything"? If I were Special Ed, I'd want to know: would Garland and Buehrle be "anything" for Wags? Throw in Crede? I wish we could find out what exactly they meant by "anything", because it would have to have limits and conditions.

Bottom line: You're right. He's gotta go.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Daily News Live? Yeah, that's a credible panel.

"Anything?" I higly doubt it. I think "anything" may be a bit of an exaggeration. Maybe they meant anything in terms of minor league prospects, which the Phillies have a horrible track record of turning into successes.

What kind of realistic trade would you have proposed if you were Ed? Maybe this was his opportunity to find a team desperate for a closer and tell them "you can have Wags, but you HAVE to take Thome too..." Maybe not.

I fully agree that Ed Wade sucks and may be the worst GM in mlb (possibly in sports) but it isn't right to bash him based on the information you provided here.

That said, fire him anyway. Bring in Hunsicker(sp.)

Gosh, I wish the "partners" would sell the team so someone who actually cares.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Comcast tried the hostile takeover of Disney and didn't get it. They've made more money than God. They are Philadelphia-based. Why haven't they made a move to buy out these shareholders and clean the Phils' house? Enough is enough!

My all-time favorite was when one of the owners (it was either Dave Montgomery or Bill Giles, I forget which) came out and responded to complaints about the low payroll by saying that "the Phillies are not a big-market team". At the time, Philadelphia was the 4th largest city in the U.S., and the 5th largest radio market in baseball. Sheesh... :cursing:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Comcast tried the hostile takeover of Disney and didn't get it. They've made more money than God. They are Philadelphia-based. Why haven't they made a move to buy out these shareholders and clean the Phils' house? Enough is enough!

My all-time favorite was when one of the owners (it was either Dave Montgomery or Bill Giles, I forget which) came out and responded to complaints about the low payroll by saying that "the Phillies are not a big-market team". At the time, Philadelphia was the 4th largest city in the U.S., and the 5th largest radio market in baseball. Sheesh... :cursing:

The problem is that Comcast doesn't have to buy the Phillies. When they bought the Flyers / Sixers / Spectacor, they wanted to purchase exclusive programming for their new network. With the Phillies, they already have that. There's not many other options for the Phils.

Also, in addition to Giles' comment about Phila. being small market, there's this gem by Wade: "the fans want overnight success. they need to learn patience."

Yeah - patience. 0 playoffs since 93 and we need to learn patience. He's been the GM for 7 years. Apparantly in his mind that constitutes "overnight."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived