2007 NBA all star game logo concepts

shadesofblack

i drew this up quick but i thought it came out pretty good considering i only have Paint to use at my disposal....comment/criticism is welcome....thanks

2007 NBA All*Star Game-Las Vegas

If anyone is wondering what i did its this:

-I used red, gold, and black to combine the typical colors of las vegas as well as the colors of the mountains

-the main design is the "Las Vegas" sign.

-I placed the star in the Spade once again to symbolize las vegas

-The dice have "07" on it for the year...also the top of the die (3 and 4) equal 7.

- I used the basketball design with the star in them to show (1) basketball (2) the all star game and (3) to make it look like a poker chip (keeping with my "las vegas theme"

You did a good job on this logo...I like how you made it look similar to the Las Vegas sign while still putting in some original elements (like the basketball/poker chip design with the stars). Just a few things I noticed: the gold color used in the stars is a different shade than the gold used as the main background of the logo, and the dice are kind of hard to see. With a few minor adjustments, I think this could be a really good logo.

---My 100th Post--- :D

AM.gif

How many different threads are you going to occupy with the same design?

You started this thread, keep all your designs in the same place. You'll get more C&C overall if people go to the same thread to see your work.

As for the design: good concept with the mountains. But very angular to the point of looking unsophisticated and unnatural (skyline, mountains). I'm not sure about the predominance of yellow. The 2-colored basketball looks unnecessary. The light coming from the Luxor shouldn't have so much black in it - you can see it from space, after all. Make the stars white and ditch the black background. Smooth out the curve of the dice arc. All-caps script fonts never look right.

The mountains need a lot of work. They look 2-dimensional and very crude. Since they're serving as the background for your design - and form the bulk of it shape - they're going to be seen.

Like I said, this has serious potential, but it's not being executed well at this point...

And MSPaint is no excuse; there are many people who do great work in Paint.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived