Natioals Concept

BallWonk

Wow, BW. These look really good. The "Little League" striping is dead-on for the Grays tribute.

Since you know my thoughts already on the "DC" logo - and I know yours - I am going to suggest a truce to avoid beating the dead horse: why not use the "NATS"/"GRAYS" font for a new cap logo, and consider incorporating a "W" and "DC"? It may not be possible, but you have the source material and could probably work up something spectacular. No "pretzel W", no interlocking "DC". Something totally new.

I actually like the alternate script more than the cursive. And that cursive is unreal. As for the number font, I know what you mean about DC buildings and the fonts. You could also go with the font used on the Balt/Wash Parkway and at all the National Historic Monuments (the brown roadsigns). That always reminds me of Washington and going to my aunt's house.

This is really good stuff. If/when the team sells, something like this should be at least given consideration.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wow, BW.  These look really good.  The "Little League" striping is dead-on for the Grays tribute.

Since you know my thoughts already on the "DC" logo - and I know yours - I am going to suggest a truce to avoid beating the dead horse: why not use the "NATS"/"GRAYS" font for a new cap logo, and consider incorporating a "W" and "DC"?  It may not be possible, but you have the source material and could probably work up something spectacular.  No "pretzel W", no interlocking "DC".  Something totally new.

I actually like the alternate script more than the cursive.  And that cursive is unreal.  As for the number font, I know what you mean about DC buildings and the fonts.  You could also go with the font used on the Balt/Wash Parkway and at all the National Historic Monuments (the brown roadsigns).  That always reminds me of Washington and going to my aunt's house.

This is really good stuff.  If/when the team sells, something like this should be at least given consideration.

Thanks, VD. I'll work on the cap thing and see what I can come up with.

Truth be told, I only like the idea of a DC road cap -- never at home! -- because it would make the shirt and cap combine in a uniform that reads "Washington DC." That just seems like a cool visual pun that no other team could match. (Which is to say, even if Kansas City put "MO" on their road caps, "Kansas City MO" wouldn't be as meaningful as "Washington DC.")

The horrible thing is that the pretzel W has completely won me over. I still think we can do better, but I would no longer trade it for the old straight-line W that I used to revere. I never thought my opinion on the matter would change, but darn it, Nick and Giullen and Long John and the rest of the boys just look good in their pretzel W caps. Not "gosh, it's so nice to have a team I'd like 'em in dirty rags" good, but "total man-crush" good. So with this concept I was trying to embrace the pretzel W as the basis of a team identity in a way that the current uniforms do not -- and that the expansion Senators never really did either. What if the W wasn't just thrown on the caps because Emperor Selig thinks it's "traditional"? was the question I was trying to answer here. Well, that and I really want to see Grays-style piping on the Nats.

20082614447.png

Archived