Girardi to become Marlins manager

marlinfan

Girardi set to become next Marlins manager

BY CLARK SPENCER

cspencer@herald.com

Joe Girardi is ''very close'' to reaching an agreement to become the Marlins' next manager, according to sources close to the negotiations. An announcement could be made later today.

Sources said Girardi, 41, has made up his mind to take the job.

CBS-4 also is reporting that Girardi will be the next Marlins manager.

Girardi, who has no managing experience, spent the past season serving as bench coach for the New York Yankees under manager Joe Torre.

He was one of more than a half-dozen candidates to interview with the Marlins. Girardi also interviewed with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, who are conducting their own manager search.

Girardi would replace Jack McKeon, who stepped down at the end of the season.

Any manager that spent time with Torre is an excellent choice in my book.

1997 | 2003

BY CLARK SPENCER

cspencer@herald.com

Joe Girardi is ''very close'' to reaching an agreement to become the Marlins' next manager, according to sources close to the negotiations. An announcement could be made later today.

Girardi, who has no managing experience, spent the past season serving as bench coach for the New York Yankees under manager Joe Torre.

He was one of more than a half-dozen candidates to interview with the Marlins. Girardi also interviewed with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, who are conducting their own manager search.

I stood next to Joe Torre for about 10 minutes... I'd be happy to be your manager

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

BY CLARK SPENCER

cspencer@herald.com

I stood next to Joe Torre for about 10 minutes... I'd be happy to be your manager

If you know how to manage a bullpen correctly and don't wear on the players then why the hell not.

:P

1997 | 2003

Archived