GBL's Reno Silver Sox...

Brian in Boston

It's taken an independent baseball league founded by a game show host to show the rest of minor league sports what logo and identity design should be all about.

Well done again, GBL.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That, my friends, is why we call people like him "professionals," and may describe him with terms like "elite," "amazing," or something similar. Great logo, great type. I haven't found a true flaw yet.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's taken an independent baseball league founded by a game show host to show the rest of minor league sports what logo and identity design should be all about.

Well done again, GBL.

Honestly, can you think of another professional sports league - major or minor - that has a better-designed collection of primary logos than the Golden Baseball League?

logoSS-LB.giflogoSS-SD.gifslide3.gif

logoSS-Mesa.giflogoSS-Full.giflogoSS-Yuma.gif

logoSS-Surp.gifFinal_Sam.giflogoSS-Chico.gif

I mean, each and every team with a solid primary mark.

The founders of the Golden Baseball League did a couple of things right before the league even took the field: First, they recognized the importance of establishing marketable brands within their various markets. Second, they hired two of the best designers in the business to handle their branding.

Archived