Legend? I thought they were new

DrBear

In an online sports message board I frequent (yes, I've been unfaithful :D ) there were quite a few questions about "Miami's new uniforms" today. There were also a lot of people who were at the Wisconsin game where they wore their 1962 throwbacks thinking they were new - and cheap - Badgers unis.

Are schools not doing a good job of promoting this?

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

I always seem to find out either on this board or by seeing it on TV. Maybe there is some local or regional marketing going on, but I know that even here in East Tennessee there was not as much hoopla as I expected when the Vols wore their throwbacks last year. Seems like the teams would make a bigger deal out of it.

Read all about it here, or on ESPN Page 2's "Uni Watch" column, or both. At least here you can state your opinions without taking time out to email anyone.

Off-topic: How do people get nice titles underneath those pictures on the left side?

I live in Miami and had known about the Canes wearing their throwbacks for some time. There was a release on UM's official site and there were stories about the '67 unis in all of the local papers. I thought the Canes did a good job of promoting them (and tying them into homecoming - well, it was supposed to be homecoming this weekend until Hurricane Wilma cancelled all of the non-football game activities).

Archived