Shoeless Park Dust Sox

Discrim

I thought of naming the team conventionally (in which case it woulda been Greenville Dust Sox) but this was way too good an idea to pass up IMO*

the "Dust" refers to, of course, what you get when you walk around in just your stocking feet...dust :D and of course the Sox is a reference to the Black Sox scandal (wanna talk about whether or not he should be in the Hall? Fine, start your own thread, but this ain't the place.)...and the "Shoeless Park" refers to the stadium they would play in, full name Shoeless Joe Jackson Memorial Ball Park.

*disclaimer: the concept you are about to see is solely that of Discrimihater, and is not necessarily endorsed by Chris Creamer, SportsLogos.net, the City of Greenville, South Carolina, Shoeless Joe Jackson Memorial Ball Park, or any living relatives of Shoeless Joe Jackson.

Dust Sox Logo Set

DustSoxLogos.png

the color scheme is red, black, cream and pastel black. yes, pastel black...I kid you not. and for those of you not familiar with the Shoeless one, the two crossing bats I use as the secondary logo are each intended to resemble his bat, Black Betsy. And yes, I know the shape of the bats is off, eh well. anyways, here are the uniforms!

home creams

dustsoxhome.png

road pastel blacks

dustsoxroad.png

alternate red jersey

dustsoxthird.png

I'm strongly considering adding a more postmodern jersey to this set :P believe it or not

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i'd wear that road hat. it's a little unconventional (what's new for you, eh?), but i love it.

my only complaint is that the outlines all seem a little thick on these... from logos (especially the bats), to the numbers.

also, i'd go with black hats at home, as well..... hell, if this team were real, and in my home town, i'd go to the ballpark wearing the black hat and alternate jersey.

again, it's not the most traditional conventional design, but for what it is, i give it thumbs up.

Archived