NFLPA wants T.O. Reinstated

SEMOSTLfan

Full Story

I for one am actually happy that the Eagles are standing by their decision. Owens screwed up and for once its time a pro athlete deal with the consequences of what he did. If that means sitting out the rest of the year then so be it. He should have thought of that before he acted like an a$$. To me the NFLPA is sacrificing their own integrity by making this request. Let the man do his time and quit trying to bail him out.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Full Story

I for one am actually happy that the Eagles are standing by their decision. Owens screwed up and for once its time a pro athlete deal with the consequences of what he did. If that means sitting out the rest of the year then so be it. He should have thought of that before he acted like an a$$. To me the NFLPA is sacrificing their own integrity by making this request. Let the man do his time and quit trying to bail him out.

The union has a responsibility to its members. As much of an ass as T.O. is, what T.O. said this time around pales in comparison to the past. It's almost the right punishment for the wrong reason. I support the union defending TO on this matter. But if I were the Eagles, I'd just send him home and pay him out for the rest of the season. Then in March, cut him loose and be done with it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I realize the NFLPA has an obligation to defend its members, but this is a battle I doubt they want to take on. Because he's popped off so often in the past, he was given a series of conditions he needed to uphold to ensure his employment wouldn't be terminated. He failed to comply. It's all documented. The more vigorous the defense, the more stuff comes out and is aired as dirty laundry.

How many other jobs would tolerate the level of nonsense that T.O. has demonstrated, and the amount of insubordination and childish behavior? Were he not a millionaire athlete, he'd be another jerk coworker that we all have to deal with.

Keep in mind that his job is a privilege. The NFL does not have to guarantee employment to any person. T.O. gets paid handsomely to play a game. He can earn a living elsewhere; whether it will allow him to live in the manner to which he has become accustomed is an issue he should have thought about before engaging in words and deeds that jeopardized his employment in such a plum job.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived