Celebrating Divisional Champs

rmered

To each their own....

When the Twins won it all in 1987 and 1991, was as good as it gets. But when they finally made it back to postseason in 2002, it was very nice for me. It was great to get home, turn on the TV and see them in the postseason once again. I got an AL Central Champs T-Shirt. It's not as sweet as winning it all, but it represents a solid season.

Our teams mean more then "Winning it all is good, everything else is bad." WHen your team can win a division and get to the postseason, they give you something to follow in your leisure time. THe Utah Jazz never won it all with Stockton and Malone. I submit to you that their fans had much more fun during that time than did Clipper fans.

I'm not saying don't have that glad feeling, making the playoffs, for a team who never makes it is a great achievement; it's just that celebrating like the winner is sad and pathetic.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

OK, I think you miss my point.

I'm not talking about first.

I'm talking about when you're the guy who she dumps for Brad Pitt, you don't go telling the world.

Whether she does or not, and I don't know why this has become part of the Anniston soap opera, is irrelevant.

I used that analogy to explain the position of the person in question. The loser.

The one NOT with Jennifer Anniston currently.

The team who lost the Super Bowl.

All I'm saying is, when you're the loser in a situation, don't go telling everyone how you're technically the winner.

However, this is apparently only reserved for teams who are used to winning, so good luck with the Browns.

I get your point. I just don't agree with it.

Let me try a different analogy. Let's say you and I are competing on some game show. 1st prize is 1 million dollars, 2nd Prize is 750,000 dollars, 3rd prize is 500,000 etc. There are 32 contestants at the beginning of the show. After the first round all but 8 contestants are eliminated the rest go home and get nothing. The 8 remaining contestants are guaranteed at least 100,000 dollars and they play for a chance to get in the final round and win the grand prize. So you and I get through the final 8 and make the final round. I win the million and you get the 750,000.

Do you consider yourself the loser? Or do you walk away thinking well I finished in second but I still won 750,000 dollars? Are the ones who won at least 100,000 dollars still losers?

Hope that helps clarify my position.

And thanks for the kind words regarding the Browns. Good luck with...well, whatever it is you guys do for sports down under. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived