CHICAGOWN3D!

amare32

i'd just be happy with the bears winning a playoff game. orton has probably done better than most expected; he's done ENOUGH. but as many have already said, you cant really stress the point enough; that is why you play...to win. whether you you win by 30 or you win by 1, a win's a win (notre dame over stanford....the W is what mattered most ^_^ ). despite orton's efforts to keep the bears atop the NFC North, i dont think he's the man for the bears next season. keep this defense completely in tact, maybe a couple upgrades, and maybe another top receiver for next season and lets see what rex grossman can do. i believe grossman can develop into a good QB, as well as orton. i would look for the bears to follow up with another 10+ win season in 2006 (provided they do it in 2005 first). but in any event, GO BEARS!

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'd just be happy with the bears winning a playoff game. orton has probably done better than most expected; he's done ENOUGH. but as many have already said, you cant really stress the point enough; that is why you play...to win. whether you you win by 30 or you win by 1, a win's a win (notre dame over stanford....the W is what mattered most ^_^ ). despite orton's efforts to keep the bears atop the NFC North, i dont think he's the man for the bears next season. keep this defense completely in tact, maybe a couple upgrades, and maybe another top receiver for next season and lets see what rex grossman can do. i believe grossman can develop into a good QB, as well as orton. i would look for the bears to follow up with another 10+ win season in 2006 (provided they do it in 2005 first). but in any event, GO BEARS!

Good news...Angelo has the bears Defense pretty much locked up for the next 2 years.

From Chalktalk on the bears site from late october:

The Bears have done an excellent job of ensuring that their core players on defense will remain together for several years to come. Among those signed to long-term deals include Brian Urlacher (through 2011), Adewale Ogunleye (2009), Alex Brown (2009), Mike Brown (2008), Tommie Harris (2008), Charles Tillman (2007) and Nathan Vasher (2007). Players whose contracts expire in the next two years include Hunter Hillenmeyer and Jerry Azumah after this season and Lance Briggs and Ian Scott following the 2006 campaign.

Plus as far as I know, for the most part the offensive line and the running backs minus Peterson (2006) are locked up for the next couple years.

You might be right about Orton. You can't give the job to Grossman this year, but next year they definatly should let one of them Earn the spot. If Brees is availible, I wouldn't hate them going after him however. Don't know who they have that the Chargers would want.

i'd just be happy with the bears winning a playoff game. orton has probably done better than most expected; he's done ENOUGH. but as many have already said, you cant really stress the point enough; that is why you play...to win. whether you you win by 30 or you win by 1, a win's a win (notre dame over stanford....the W is what mattered most  ^_^ ). despite orton's efforts to keep the bears atop the NFC North, i dont think he's the man for the bears next season. keep this defense completely in tact, maybe a couple upgrades, and maybe another top receiver for next season and lets see what rex grossman can do. i believe grossman can develop into a good QB, as well as orton. i would look for the bears to follow up with another 10+ win season in 2006 (provided they do it in 2005 first). but in any event, GO BEARS!

Good news...Angelo has the bears Defense pretty much locked up for the next 2 years.

The Bears have done an excellent job of ensuring that their core players on defense will remain together for several years to come. Among those signed to long-term deals include Brian Urlacher (through 2011), Adewale Ogunleye (2009), Alex Brown (2009), Mike Brown (2008), Tommie Harris (2008), Charles Tillman (2007) and Nathan Vasher (2007). Players whose contracts expire in the next two years include Hunter Hillenmeyer and Jerry Azumah after this season and Lance Briggs and Ian Scott following the 2006 campaign.

Plus as far as I know, for the most part the offensive line and the running backs minus Peterson (2006) are locked up for the next couple years.

You might be right about Orton. You can't give the job to Grossman this year, but next year they definatly should let one of them Earn the spot. If Brees is availible, I wouldn't hate them going after him however. Don't know who they have that the Chargers would want.

I think SD would definitely give up Rivers before Brees.

i'd just be happy with the bears winning a playoff game. orton has probably done better than most expected; he's done ENOUGH. but as many have already said, you cant really stress the point enough; that is why you play...to win. whether you you win by 30 or you win by 1, a win's a win (notre dame over stanford....the W is what mattered most  ^_^ ). despite orton's efforts to keep the bears atop the NFC North, i dont think he's the man for the bears next season. keep this defense completely in tact, maybe a couple upgrades, and maybe another top receiver for next season and lets see what rex grossman can do. i believe grossman can develop into a good QB, as well as orton. i would look for the bears to follow up with another 10+ win season in 2006 (provided they do it in 2005 first). but in any event, GO BEARS!

I think SD would definitely give up Rivers before Brees.

I've heard both of them as the potential trade bait in the offseason. A 3rd unproven QB in Rivers would be a terrible idea.

You are more than likely right, Rivers would go before Brees. At least that's what I would do.

Archived