First Attempt At Uniforms

mohelmets

Hi All,

This is my first crack at doing uniforms...I made my own templates out of templates provided by one of our members on this board...

I know the uniform is simple, as high school uniforms were just a few years ago...I've attached a photo that was given to me of the actual uniform, plus my attempt to recreate it...I also did road uniforms based on the description I was given...The differences are pretty obvious, so it wasn't hard to do...

Anyway, I would like some feedback on how you think I did with it...Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, however, I found a couple minor bugs in my template that I am working with...Nearly all of this was done in Photoshop, with a couple of things that I traced in Illustrator...

Thanks in advance,

Mike

P.S....The uniforms themselves took parts of two days to make...

CHSTigersFootball1987.jpg

CarthageUniforms1984-1988.gif

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Nice job here, Mike.

I have to ask -- are the socks supposed to be brown? Or are those supposed to be legs? If those were legs, you may want to change them to match the color of the socks. The template assumes the NFL type high socks, and it looks a little odd since the colors of the uniform are blue and white and there are these brown things there. Heh.

But again, nice job. Now take what you learned by making these and go nuts.

(just fix that one thing, though).

philly.png

Thanks BigBrain,

The brown is actually supposed to be legs...I've seen other concepts and even uniforms done that are in the logos section on this site where the uniforms have short socks...I figured that it would be okay to do with the short socks, since that's what appears to be worn by the player in the picture...I realize the original templates were most likely meant for knee high socks, but they appear like they can also be used with short socks...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback....I would, however, like some more opinions on this to see what others think...Are the socks okay or not?

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Nice, clean work here. You duplicated the uniforms perfectly and I bet you could do the same for college and pro teams. Also looks like you have some potential if you're into creating your own custom uniforms.

Very nice recreation. I understand your explanation of the socks; I have been confused about the template also. I have colored the upper area as if it is a knee high sock as well, but in honesty - it looks like that is supposed to be a bare leg area. The lower (ankle) part bulges out, which to me suggests that is where the sock ends. Either that or two pairs of socks are being worn. Can we get an explanation on this?

LT

Archived