modern steeler logo

devin

This is my first attempt. I modernized the Steeler logo. I do not have photoshop and I would like someone to put this logo on a white helmet with black mask with this striping. Looking for thoughts?????? Thanks for you help in advance

logo http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/tej...ers_concept.jpg

striping http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/tejrald/striping.jpg

This is my first attempt. I modernized the Steeler logo. I do not have photoshop and I would like someone to put this logo on a white helmet with black mask with this striping. Looking for thoughts?????? Thanks for you help in advance.

Not warming to the idea.

For one, Pittsburgh teams emphasize the city's colors of black and gold like no other North American city. That said, making the helmet white leaves a noticeable piece of their identity outside the black/gold scheme. Also, helmets and helmet logos are often the primary means of identifying teams on TV or newspaper graphics. I'd bet the black/gold is going to need to be there instead of white. (And yes, I know they wear white jerseys - that's a league rule, every team has a white jersey.)

For two, the logo was an adaptation of the US Steel logo. The hypocycloids, the colors, the lettering. To change the Steelers' logo is to stray from the tribute they intended. If you're going to keep the silver circle and the word "Steelers" on the helmet, all you're doing is obscuring the allusion to US Steel.

maybe even try some new colors - a rust, more of a royal than the unproducable bright blue and a orangish yellow.

Rust... not exactly the connotation the Steelers would want. Rusty metal is a poor image for a team in the Steel City trying to project toughness, strength and durability.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I really dont think theres anything you could do with the Steelers to improve them.

There look is classic and its perfect the way it is.

The white helmet seems out of place for Pittsburgh.

giants.png200822112725.png

big blue wrecking crew

die hard since '88

Archived