Thrashers Pre-Game Jerseys

beesharps

Has anyone noticed that the Atlanta Thrashers have taken to wearing baby blue practice jerseys during the pregame warmups at home games? The AHL is littered with examples of this in a vain attempt to sell even more jerseys, but this is the first I've seen of its kind in the NHL.

Also, I notice that ther jerseys are numbered, but not named. This is odd, because if teams are looking to build a greater recognition with their fans, then wouldn't player names help? After all, for most fans, the pregame warmup is the best and often only time to view their heroes up close before being banished to the upper decks come game time.

(Oh, and sorry for no pic - hunted high and low for one, with no success.)

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

Has anyone noticed that the Atlanta Thrashers have taken to wearing baby blue practice jerseys during the pregame warmups at home games? The AHL is littered with examples of this in a vain attempt to sell even more jerseys, but this is the first I've seen of its kind in the NHL.

Also, I notice that ther jerseys are numbered, but not named. This is odd, because if teams are looking to build a greater recognition with their fans, then wouldn't player names help? After all, for most fans, the pregame warmup is the best and often only time to view their heroes up close before being banished to the upper decks come game time.

(Oh, and sorry for no pic - hunted high and low for one, with no success.)

This sounds like another really bad trend. Yet another sign that Nike and Reebok are conspiring to destroy the world as we know it.

Archived