Jay Barker "Throwback"

bhambruiser

FF114859alt5_xl.jpg

FF114859-xl.jpg

football%20-%20jay%20barker.jpg

ok here is what annoys me about so-called "Throwback" jerseys. I know this is probably not anything new to anyone here but i had to rant

first of all - if you are gonna do a throwback and call it authentic- make it authentic.

for instance- this jay barker jersey- in 1992 Alabama did not have sewn on numbers- they were (ooops not tackle twill) screenprinted.

Also the anniversary patch was red on the inside and not white as this jersey has it.

If you want to get technical (which I clearly do) nike wasn't the manufacturer of Bama jerseys in '92...and they didn't have the Nike logo on the sleeve.

I understand that Nike is making these to squeeze all the money out of them they can, but these are things that bug me- at least get the things you can help right.

one more thing- bama didn't wear a sugar bowl patch for this game either:

93.jpg

best game ever by the way - RTR

Cool jersey - too bad they had to bastardize it. I'm picky about that stuff too, especially when it comes to throwback jerseys. If you're gonna do it, do it right. I understand why Nike includes the Sugar Bowl patch because it is a commemorative jersey and all - but would a little bit of research on the Century of Champions patch hurt?

Archived