New Harrisburg Senators logos...

Brian in Boston

The buggy thing is indeed a mayfly I'm sure--hstansbury is correct in his/her assessment, and it's also why the Senators games now start at 6:35 in the summer--when it gets dark the mayflies hit the lights and then fall on spectators like snow--been there done that dozens of times as I live 10 minutes from Commerce Bank park fka Riverside Stadium (City Island).

Also, curiously enough the Senators are not named for location, they are named that because years ago Harrisburg was an affiliate of the old Washington Senators. Since we happen to also be a state capital, the kept the name when we got a franchise back in 1987.

Bring back the Whale!

Ok, I went to the FanFest today. Bought a home cap (the red one) along with their old road cap (a 5950 low profile, a rare find). The old road cap was only $5. At any rate the hats do look good--one of the best I've seen in a while.

I also asked about the mystery mayfly on an alternate cap--no one know about it--in fact the guys I talked to thought it sounded like a cool idea. So it is still under wraps--no merchandise yet available.

Just thought I'd provide a Harrisburg update...

Bring back the Whale!

[ It sounded like a lot of people showed up for it.

There were a bunch of people there trying out to sing the National Anthem. Some should not have tried out. At any rate, there might have been 50 people hanging out when I was there, which was close to 3PM. The hat really is nice, I'm really pretty impressed with it to tell you the truth. They had T-shirts too--basic logo ones for $18. Also new warm-up jackets that were sold for $10 off--red with the logo on the left side. Very well done.

I loved "Uncle Slam" but he did have to go....

Bring back the Whale!

• LMU locked this topic

Archived