Theodore out 6-8 weeks after fall

DEAD!

TSN.ca Staff with CP files

2/18/2006 4:12:19 PM

Jose Theodore's bad season just got worse. Theodore suffered a broken right heel in a fall outside his home on Thursday night and will miss six to eight weeks of hockey.

Theodore slipped while walking down the stairs outside his home. Freezing rain had made conditions in Montreal treacherous that day.

Montreal Canadiens Chief Surgeon Dr. David Mulder and Orthopedic Consultant Dr. Eric Lenczner confirmed the initial diagnosis following comprehensive exams on Friday.

"Jose was a victim of an unfortunate accident and we all feel for him," said Canadiens general manager Bob Gainey. "He will get on with his rehabilitation as soon as the condition of his heel allows him to do so. We hope to have him back in time to help the team down the final stretch."

"It was bad luck and even though I am very disappointed of the outcome, I can only wish that my rehab period will be as quick and short as possible," said Theodore. "I intend to come back strong and contribute to the team’s success through the last part of the regular season and in the playoffs."

I think Theodore should have spent money on shoes with a non-slipping sole rather than on Propecia...

I saw, I came, I left.

It's official now. Jose joins Derek Lowe, Jeff Weaver, Trent Green, Darrell Jackson and the retired John Vanbiesbrouck as Guys I'll Never Have On My Fantasy Team Again. :evil::cursing:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived