ESPN.com's MLB Power Rankings

StarrDogg

I have a lot of problems with these rankings.

Who's too high: Mets (bad pitching other than Pedro), Jays (again, bad pitching except for Halladay), Giants (lineup sucks other than BB), A's (not sold on that lineup), Indians (not sold on their rotation or lineup), Pirates (could be the worst team that doesn't play in the state of Florida), my Dodgers (we have about a million shortstops)

Who's too low: Cards and Astros (come on, these teams were in the NLCS for crying out loud, and they're behind the METS??), Braves (until they don't win a division, they're my pick to finish on top every year.)

espnsig.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have the Devil Rays ranked 22nd?! How are they better than any team in the Majors?? They're basically a AAA team playin in the bigs.

I also think the Stros are getting the shaft here. Eventhough they lost The Rocket, the defending National League Champions are much better than 16th overall ( and just one spot ahead of the dreadful Cubbies).

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/45758

I think thats an article that sums up the Devil Rays.

Who's too high: Jays (again, bad pitching except for Halladay)

That's hilarious.

The Jays have a SOLID rotation, and had the top bullpen ERA in the American League in 2005 (and then added B.J. Ryan to it).

Roy Halladay

A.J. Burnett

Ted Lilly

Gustavo Chacin

Josh Towers

Hell, our #5 starter had the lowest ERA of any AL East starter in 2005.

If all holds up from 2005 the Jays may have the top pitching staff in the American League.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived