SEC Baseball Concepts

oz615

Well,we seen the Pac-10,WCC,MWC,WAC,and the ACC,so if figured somebody has to come up with the best college basebase conference in America,might as well be me :D. As of Feb. 27 there's was 8 SEC teams in the USA Today Coaches' poll top 25,so it is safe to say that the SEC is the BEST baseball conference in the nation.Right now in still debating in my mind wether to do a Big 10 and or another ACC set,but thing been beyond hectic of late,hell i had barely enough time to do these,as some ya remembred a while back i posted a Tenn,Vandy and Miss State,well i made changes to them since the initial post as you'll see,BTW this is not completley set in stone,im still making some very minor changes on a couple of these as i post,oh if some of the words don't come out right,it been a very long day and i'm very sleepy,so i aplogize in advace.

Alabama

The team currently uses the Atlanta Braves "A" on the caps and on some of the jerseys,i felt that i need to incoporated and emphisie the stylized "A" that is used as a secondary logo into the uniforms in every way possible

Arkansas

It's basically the same as the current uniforms per se,all i did here was use a different font style.

Auburn

I hardly see Auburn play on a regular basis so therefore i don't get a chance to see the different uniform combonations,so i experimented with different colors scripts etc. on this one.

Florida

What i did for this one here is removed the "U" from the cap and used the wordmark the is used on the men's basketball team on the home,road,and blue shirts,and used the cursive "Gators" script on the Sleveless white jersey,btw the orange jersey is still the same.

Georgia

Again another SEC team that i don't get to see on a regular basis,so what i did was incoporated a Cincinnat Reds look for the Dawgs on the sleveless whites,and expirimented w/ the rest of the set.

Kentucky

Only thing i di wt these is went with cursive lettering and removed the "U" from the caps

LSU

First of all let me just say that ever since Smoke Lavall took for Skip Bertman back in '02,LSU had the crapiest uniform in college baseball IMO,how according to an LSU fan site,the Tigers has went to a more traditonal uniforms this season,which i've havent seen yet,but as my as my concet goes i went w/ a Chicago White Sox influence on the purple jerseys and gray unforms,and used the current wordmarks placed the"LSU" diagonally.

Mississippi (aka Ole Miss)

Ok i will be the first to admit that im not felling it with this set myself as far as coming w/ some uniqe,but i did use the secondary "Ole Miss" wordmark on the roads jerseys.

Mississippi State

This is one of the 3 SEC concepts i did last year,everything is the same with the excception of a couple of minor changes with the road unifoms.

South Carolina

IMO this is set i enjoy doing the most w/ the colors of garnet and black the possibilities are endless/

Tennessee

Anoter of the original 3 from '05 with changes of the lettering of the gray and black jersey and added a sleeveless gray jersey.

Vanderbilt

last of the original 3,what did was changed to Atlanta Braves pipping on the wite and gold jerseys,added a gold cap to go w/ the gold jersey,and (this is my favorite part of the set) added the "Vandy" scrpt that was used on the football helmets from '79-'83 on the Black jerseys

Ok Gents, any questions,comments,suggestion,gripes grade for each team?

I wanna hear from you!

i love all of them great work

my favorite set would have ta be Kentucky

and fav. jersey would be the white georgia with out the pinstripes

great work once again

ps. got plans for any other confs. ???

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

All in all, a lot of nice designs.

My only gripe is a lack of consistency when choosing fonts for the lettering on the jerseys. Most conspicuous was Georgia, comparing the home whites and road grays. But IIRC, Kentucky, Ole Miss and a couple other schools had noticeable differences in the lettering. And in most cases, either font would be more than decent, but when seen as a school's entire package, it looks amiss.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Actually, Alabama does use the stylized "A" on their current hats. They haven't used the Braves "A" in a long time. I've always wanted to see that an "Alabama" script would look like on a jersey.

Also, I may not be too fond of the Auburn set, but I really dig the script on the orange alts. Auburn actually uses that style script on their actual alts, but not with the tail. However, I really like the tail on them.

Finally, I wish that Florida would use the stylized "F" on their game hats.

Archived