Something new from me

Mings

Since I haven't posted a logo in awhile, I figured I would go ahead and post one today. This one was finalized the first week of March. It is a logo for the website as well as for member clothing, etc... (It is an ATV club in Tennessee). I went with the basic league-type logo since it is a club with two colors Yamaha Blue and Black. I'm curious as to your thoughts on this. I see it as a strong logo that is very versatile. So what are your thoughts on it?

atvaddicts.png

I can never argue with using a silhouette concept. My only problem is that if you took away the wordmark, I wouldn't be able to tell you what the logo was for... it's hard to tell that it is indeed an ATV, at least to someone who doesn't ride them. Is the rider facing forward or is he facing to the right? If the ATV was a little easier to make out, I think this would be a lot stronger.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

I agree with David that the silhouette by itself wouldn't give enough hints as to what it is. His suggestion is really good, and I'd like to see what you come up with.

Another thing you could try is adding simple lines to your current outline so that you add depth to it. It would also help seeing the geometry of the ATV without having to change the silhouette.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived