Blues Win NHL Draft Lottery

Shmee

The new CSS rankings came out a few days ago and can be found here: http://www.nhl.com/futures/index.html.

I think I wanna see the Blues take Johnson. We need scoring punch, but Johnson just seems to far ahead of the pack not to take. I don't think any of the forwards will have anything near an Ovechkin or Crosby rookie season, so we might as well take the best player out there and let him develop.

The Blues have a solid defensive corp, but in their proper role, none of them ar probably better than a #2 defenseman. Johnson sounds like a future #1, and the more I read of him, I can't help but think of him as the next Chris Pronger and then some. We could use another Chris Pronger.

So my vote is for Johnson.

The other guy that interests me is Toews. He's a freshman for North Dakota which means he played with the Blues current #1 prospect (and probably UND's best player) TJ Oshie. I'm not sure they were linemates much, but it'd be kind of nice to have top prospects who might have some chemistry together.

I dont know if anybody would take the deal, but it'd be nice if the Blues could package their other first rounder (Carolina's, acquired in the Weight trade) and a nice (but not superb...we don't have enough superb) prospect or two for another top 5 draft pick. That way we could get Johnson and one of the four forwards who don't seem to have a clear cut order.

It's just nice to be able to have this conversation. It's about time I get to talk about something positive in hockey.

If I make that pick Blues fans would be welcoming Jonathan Toews to town next season.I like Kessel,and i believe Erik Johnson is gonna be a stud,Toews to me is just a bit more intriguing.

Another kid i like in this draft is Little

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Archived