Adidas Sues Wimbledon, Grand Slams

brinkeguthrie

this should all go away.  man, adidas has used either the trefoil or the modern A along with the stripes since the 60's.  why is this an issue now?  I think they have a point.  the stripes identify ANY sports stuff as adidas..but it's more like trim.

The trefoil or the A is the logo.  Nike has no such trim..it's just the swoosh.  Same with Reebok.  they just have the vector design.

I agree that the trim is a big identifier. If adidas somehow wins this case and I'm Nike, I immediately create my own "trim," that has the swoosh over and over again. And Reebok does the same with the vector. Then they put them on all their tennis shirts. And let the fun begin.

It would be a similar protest to having Nadal wear the super-sized (illegal) swoosh last year.

You want to know what Nike would do for an "identifier" instead of a logo?

capt.mojf11104250211.pirates_cardinals_baseball_mojf111.jpg

Just a thought...

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

This is just nitpicky on the part of these tennis governing bodies. As long as the apparel has a clean look, the design elements shouldn't make a difference.

Bottom line - they want Adidas, Nike, Lacoste, Puma, etc. to pay for the TV coverage they're getting.

Archived