Steve Nash to be Named MVP

Gary

Now I'm not saying that Nash shouldn't be MVP, my mind has gone back and forth from Kobe to Lebron to Nash to Billups and back several times, but I have three arguments as to why Nash shouldn't be MVP:

1. Has anyone ever ever one MVP after scoring 0 points to go along with 5 assists and 3 rebounds? Mind you, this wasn't Nash cameoing some end-of-the season game, that was 26 minutes of play with Amare Stoudemire, who granted, was far below 100%

2. With all the talk of Nash leading the league in assists has anyone noticed he also leads the league in turnovers? If you have a worse assist-to-turnover ration than Steve Blake, Antonio Daniels, and Baron Davis are you really improving your team?

3. The biggest misconception in this MVP debate is that Nash makes his team better, Nash makes his offense better. Can one truly be the Most Valuable Player if they're a complete defensive liability? Is it coincidence that both teams Nash has played on struggled with defense, in effect ruining any chance to be a serious title threat?

Again, I'm not saying Nash isn't a worhty MVP candidate, but I say if he does win it will be in spite of (or in ignorance of) some glaring weaknesses.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to derationalize my argument. :D

I couldn't have said it any better myself. We can always pull out the numbers and stats but in my mind it just makes me sick that Steve Nash has won back-to-back MVP's.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived