Steve Nash to be Named MVP

Gary

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two years in a row. Duncan did that back in 02 and 03. Very impressive for Nash, especially considering that Dallas gave up on him, allowing him to sign with Phoenix, because they thought he was too old to give a long-term contract to.

I'm Canadian, and even I think Kobe should get it.

I mean, I'm pumped that a Canuck is a repeat NBA MVP, but can you imagine how bad LA would've been without #8 in the lineup? Smush-freakin'-Parker is their third best player (source: The Sports Guy).

Don't worry... I don't worship the ground TSG walks on, but in this case he's right.

But it's tough to argue with last year's MVP, who improved this year.

As long as Mike James gets Most Improved now, all will be okay. Seriously... before 2005/06, did anyone know about Mike James?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I mean, I'm pumped that a Canuck is a repeat NBA MVP, but can you imagine how bad LA would've been without #8 in the lineup? Smush-freakin'-Parker is their third best player (source: The Sports Guy).

Don't worry... I don't worship the ground TSG walks on, but in this case he's right.

But it's tough to argue with last year's MVP, who improved this year.

As long as Mike James gets Most Improved now, all will be okay. Seriously... before 2005/06, did anyone know about Mike James?

sorry Phil, but not to piss you off, but Boris Diaw will be named the Most Improved Player this year

Nash gets it, and deservedly so. He improved his numbers from last year and he lead his team to a great season, improving everyone on his team, just ask Boris Diaw.

As for coach of the year, I am extatic that Avery Johnson won, as a player, I loved him and he was probably my favourite. A lot of analysts thought he'd be a good coach some day, and they were right. Congrats, Avery.

Maybe one negates Kobe because he isn't the MVP of his team, he is the team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nash does pass the ball in addition to shooting, doesn't he? I'd take that everytime.

Hey he deserved it he makes his tema better he makes his team win he may not be the flashiest player or the best players but he is the Most Valuable Player.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, I think Kobe registered his displeasure last night...:lol:

Did anyone see that dunk when he used Nash as a prop? If that wasn't a poster waiting to happen, I dunno what was. :lol:

(for the record, I thought it should have been Kobe, but if it was gonna be anyone else, Nash was it.)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

can you imagine how bad LA would've been without #8 in the lineup? Smush-freakin'-Parker is their third best player.

Well, I think Kobe registered his displeasure last night...laugh.gif

Where would the suns be without Steve Nash, they also would not be a playoff team, so the argument that the Lakers would not be in the playoffs if Kobe wasn't there is not valid.

P.S. That was a clear charge against Kobe in Game 2.

question is where is Curt bashing the choice and asking Why no Dirk?

Yeah, haven't heard much from him lately, have we? :lol:

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I understand that all you Canadians are loving this but I think it's complete b.s. LeBron & Kobe had much better seasons but yet Nash gets the award because he's a classy, white, and fun player to watch. There's no doubt he's a great player and he makes Phoenix a better team but back-to-back MVP's and the 2nd one just because he had a better season.....give me a break! Also, how can anyone possibly say Nash is in the same group as Magic and Oscar just because he's won an MVP. If anything these past two years have proved that winning an MVP doesn't mean jack nor does it immortalize a player like it used to.

I understand that all you Canadians are loving this but I think it's complete b.s. LeBron & Kobe had much better seasons but yet Nash gets the award because he's a classy, white, and fun player to watch. There's no doubt he's a great player and he makes Phoenix a better team but back-to-back MVP's and the 2nd one just because he had a better season.....give me a break! Also, how can anyone possibly say Nash is in the same group as Magic and Oscar just because he's won an MVP. If anything these past two years have proved that winning an MVP doesn't mean jack nor does it immortalize a player like it used to.

but yet it's called the "Most Valuable Player", the award that makes everyone around your team better and the player who helps most. Not the Player of the year. Reason why Nash won out. Kobe scored all the points reason why I think he shouldn't be considered and Lebron is still young and showed a little potential but not enough to win the award he still shows a lil immaturity and reason why I wouldn't give it to him. I would rank these 2 4th and 5th in the given category only reason why I thought Nash, Dirk and Billups were much more deserving of the award because they helped their team and made them better.

I understand that all you Canadians are loving this but I think it's complete b.s. LeBron & Kobe had much better seasons but yet Nash gets the award because he's a classy, white, and fun player to watch.

Wow, what an ignorant statement. You honestly think Nash being white has anything to do with him winning the MVP (if he does)?

Yea, Nash doesn't deserve it. He only lead Phoenix to their first back to back Pacific Titles, won 54 games without Amare or anyother big man, He helped the Suns win 54 games without Amare, Richardson, and Joe Johnson, ranked #1 in total assists and assists per game in the league, ranked #1 in free throw percentage, ranked #6 in 3-point percentage, oh and he helped Diaw get the most improved player this year.

Kobe and Lebron score more points but MVP doesn't go to the highest point scorer or the best dunk artist. It goes to the most valuable player and no one is more valuable to their team than Nash.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived