Dallas Stars Alternate Concept

kkempton

not feeling this one. i don't know but it seems a bit unfinished. The color scheme seems a bit off, i don't remember the stars using that shade of yellow. i think they use a shade of metallic gold. you may want to refer to Pantone's wonderful color resource.

the star wrapping around the side is pretty cool, but i would put some trim around it to make it stand out a bit. however, im not sure how you would place the numbers on there with out covering up part of the star design.

I don't like the white dead space, it would look better if you filled it in with green. it seems to distract from the Star-wrap and will cause problems when you put numbers on there. im assuming you would have white numbers with gold trim, which if used would make the bottom half of the numbers disappear in to the white void.

eliminate the arm stripes, maybe replace it with a star to place the numbers on. I think(and i maybe wrong), the cleveland Barons used the outline of the state of ohio as its backdrop for the numbers. it would be a bit more imaginative than just an incomplete horizontal arm stripe. but if the intent is to make a horizontal arm stripe, then so something like the bruins have on their template or use what the stars had on their old home jersey.

overall it has potential but it needs more work.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

not feeling this one. i don't know but it seems a bit unfinished. The color scheme seems a bit off, i don't remember the stars using that shade of yellow. i think they use a shade of metallic gold. you may want to refer to Pantone's wonderful color resource.

the star wrapping around the side is pretty cool, but i would put some trim around it to make it stand out a bit. however, im not sure how you would place the numbers on there with out covering up part of the star design.

I don't like the white dead space, it would look better if you filled it in with green. it seems to distract from the Star-wrap and will cause problems when you put numbers on there. im assuming you would have white numbers with gold trim, which if used would make the bottom half of the numbers disappear in to the white void.

eliminate the arm stripes, maybe replace it with a star to place the numbers on. I think(and i maybe wrong), the cleveland Barons used the outline of the state of ohio as its backdrop for the numbers. it would be a bit more imaginative than just an incomplete horizontal arm stripe. but if the intent is to make a horizontal arm stripe, then so something like the bruins have on their template or use what the stars had on their old home jersey.

overall it has potential but it needs more work.

Thanks for the advice.

Like I said, I knocked it up in less than an hour, so I will defionatly spend more time on it when I can.

Kev.

gostars7py.jpg

Archived