Man suing Angels over Mother?s Day giveaway

WJMorris3

Yes but that is San Francisco. That doesn't count.

Same goes for Boston so don't bring them up either.

Now as for this guy in Anaheim...he's a complete idiot.

Heh....

Speaking from experience, you won't believe what people will do for freebies the team gives out. I've heard every excuse imaginable, from a kid dying of cancer to driving across the country just to be at this game, therefore making them eligible for any giveaway, regardless of their obvious failure to meet the criteria to get said giveaway....

Heh....

Speaking from experience, you won't believe what people will do for freebies the team gives out. I've heard every excuse imaginable, from a kid dying of cancer to driving across the country just to be at this game, therefore making them eligible for any giveaway, regardless of their obvious failure to meet the criteria to get said giveaway....

Speaking of that, I remember one night that they had Pat Burrell Bobble-Head night (giveaway to fans 14 and under). So the father bought eight tickets, drove his son to the Vet, sent him through the turnstiles eight different times, and right back out, so that he could get eight bobblehead dolls and sell them on eBay.

LvZYtbZ.png

Yeah, with gender roles as blurry as they are in San Francisco, it's best to just hand them out to whoever feels entitled to a Mother's Day gift

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Heh....

Speaking of that, I remember one night that they had Pat Burrell Bobble-Head night (giveaway to fans 14 and under). So the father bought eight tickets, drove his son to the Vet, sent him through the turnstiles eight different times, and right back out, so that he could get eight bobblehead dolls and sell them on eBay.

Believe it or not, but that is allowable. The kid entered with a ticket, and was eligible for the bobblehead, and should have been given a bobblehead. He is, in fact, considered a new fan entering each time he enters with a ticket. Sounds strange and unfair, but it is perfectly legal and allowable.

However, if the kid walked up with all 8 tickets at once, he'd only get the one bobblehead. The promotion is "first 10,000 (or whatever amount) fans", not the "first 10,000 tickets", and that's what fans don't realize.

There was a guy who had 8 tickets with him on Ilya Kovalchuk bobblehead night, and said his co-workers each bought a ticket (they didn't attend the game) just to get a bobblehead. It took five explanations to teach him the difference between "first 5,000 fans" and "first 5,000 tickets", and the promotion clearly said "fans", not "tickets".

Part of having these promotions is to get people to attend the games, hence the emphasis on "fans".

Archived