Man suing Angels over Mother?s Day giveaway

WJMorris3

Found this story here.

SANTA ANA, Calif. - A man who was denied a red nylon tote bag during a Mother's Day promotion at an Angels baseball game has filed a sex and age discrimination lawsuit against the team.

The class action claim filed by Michael Cohn, a Los Angeles psychologist, alleges that thousands of males and fans under age 18 are entitled to $4,000 in damages each because they were treated unequally at last May's promotion. Women over 18 received the gifts.

Angels officials said Cohn was the only person who complained about the giveaway and that the team is proud of its promotions.

"Historically, we have tried to appeal on those special days that might be nationally noted holidays or special occasions," team spokesman Tim Mead said, adding he could not comment directly on the suit because he hadn't seen it. "We have tailored programs or giveaways accordingly."

The team responded to a complaint letter that Cohn wrote last June by sending him four tote bags and a letter stating the team "ran out of the item that day and had to order more."

"They claimed they didn't have any more bags, but my client said there was a mountain of bags stacked so high a show dog couldn't have jumped over them," said Alfred Rava, Cohn's San Diego-based attorney.

Cohn could not be reached for comment.

This weekend's Mother's Day promotion will offer tote bags to the first 25,000 fans over age 18, rather than cater specifically to women. Mead would not say whether the change was in response to Cohn's complaint.

Rava said the altered promotion still violates the civil rights of fans under age 18.

Cohn's suit names as defendants the Angels and the Corinthian Colleges, which sponsored the event through an affiliate.

I don't know about you, but I don't think the guy has a case. After all, the baseball team is a private business and a private business has the right to choose who they give things away to, and who to not give things away to.

LvZYtbZ.png

this guys suing for $4,000 becuase he didnt get like 50 bucks worth of free stuff common. Dose anyone know what was in the gift bag.

That's the thing. There wasn't anything IN the bag from what I can tell, it was just the bag itself.

LvZYtbZ.png

As we see each and every day, there is no shortage of idiots in this great country of ours.

and yet there's the old saying...you can recreate genius, but stupidity is irreplacable :wacko:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Ya, im suing because I didnt get my free lunchbox when they gave it away to kids under 12... (sarcasm)

Some people... Just dont get it I think.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Dude, pick your battles.

You're going to spend time and money and shred your reputation to pieces - over your right as a man to be given a $2 nylon bag that was intended to be given as a gift to women on Mother's Day? WTF? How is this a battle worth having? Teams have gender-specific or age-specific giveaways all the time. This is like the douchenozzle who sued to get boys into the Girl Scouts. Even if you win, what have you accomplished, what cause have you advanced?

This clown's inspired me to fight for the rights of my infant niece to receive her free Father's Day shaving kit from the Phillies. :blink:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

this guys suing for $4,000 becuase he didnt get like 50 bucks worth of free stuff common. Dose anyone know what was in the gift bag.

It was a bag that probably cost no more than 10 bucks, what a loser!!!! He's a psychologist, he doesn't need any more money, he has to have plenty already.

This guy...

( A ) Is being prompted by someone who has a bigger agenda to do this. We may never know who, but there's no way this jackhole is doing it of his own volition.

( B ) Is, admittedly, a moron.

( C ) Will, probably for the rest of his life, be mocked by every man who makes the connection between him and this lawsuit.

and finally

( D ) Will get laughed out of court once this reaches any judge, anywhere.

A professional sports team is a private business, and can do pretty much whatever they want in this regard. Next thing you know, a team will give away a car to someone sitting in Section 131, Row R, Seat 11, and someone in Section 132 will sue claiming that the team owes everyone in the building that night a car. :rolleyes:

nav-logo.png

So, essentially, if this idiot wins, we can essentially go on to say that giving a kid a birthday present is discrimination to those not born that day, and giving kids at an orphanage Christmas presents is discrimination to those who have families.

It's a gift for the love of God! And seeing as how it was advertised beforehand, and seeing that the game was played on Mother's Day, it should be as clear as a window that the giveaway was meant for adult female patrons.

Incredible...

VmWIn6B.png

This guy...

( A ) Is being prompted by someone who has a bigger agenda to do this. We may never know who, but there's no way this jackhole is doing it of his own volition.

( B ) Is, admittedly, a moron.

( C ) Will, probably for the rest of his life, be mocked by every man who makes the connection between him and this lawsuit.

and finally

( D ) Will get laughed out of court once this reaches any judge, anywhere.

A professional sports team is a private business, and can do pretty much whatever they want in this regard. Next thing you know, a team will give away a car to someone sitting in Section 131, Row R, Seat 11, and someone in Section 132 will sue claiming that the team owes everyone in the building that night a car. :rolleyes:

I say its AB and C.

D- im not so sure on, the courts are so demented that they may agree with him on it and force the angels to pay $4000 in damages.

I can't believe there are lawyers that would even consider this case. there again, there is a good reason Dick the Butcher was created.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

An idiot? This is far beyond being an idiot, man.

This ranks up there with the dumb woman who sued McDonald's because their coffee burned her when she spilled it and those who sue places like McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's and so forth because they are fat.

Archived