Cubs GM says Baker's job is safe

brinkeguthrie

If I was running the Cubs Baker would have been fired already

If a monkey that only communicated by flinging its crap at a smiley face on the wall or a frowny face on the wall ran the Cubs, Baker would be fired already.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, for real. It's Hendry's fault for never signing more pitching or more offensive power. He created a team basically reliant on Lee's offense, and a pitching staff that hasn't been healthy for 3 years. Now he has to defend the manager he left in the lurch. Hendry should go. Dusty I'm not sure about.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Dusty Baker is a bad in-game strategist. He was supposed to be such a pushover, I mean, "players' manager," that everyone would be getting in line to sign with the Cubs. That didn't happen. "Players' manager" is malarkey. Tony La Russa and Bobby Cox aren't buddy-buddy with their players, and they WIN. If Dusty doesn't have Schmidt, Bonds, Kent, et al to fall back on and has to actually manage, he can't. Neifi Perez comes up to bat in the bottom of the 9th after making TWO errors on ONE play in front of the home crowd. Any manager with half a brain would yank that first-pitch-grounding scrub out of the damn game, even if he hadn't just humiliated himself in the field, just because he's such a piss-poor hitter.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived