St. Catharines Blackhawks

steiny_ramone

My hometown recently made a bid to have an expansion OHL team. It was speculated that the team would be called the Blackhawks. We don't have an arena large enough for an OHL team, but the plan was to renovate Jack Gatecliff arena (it holds about 3,000 I think) to hold the minimum required for an OHL team. Don Cherry himself actually spoke to city council members to try to get a team in St. Catharines. The bid was dropped, as the city won't be able to afford a team without blowing the budget for other things.

But now to the concepts. I actually made these about half a year ago when I heard about the proposal. I tried to keep the jerseys somewhat similar to the Chicago Blackhawks', without being carbon copies.

BlackHawks5.png

BlackHawks4.png

BlackHawks7.png

BlackHawkslogo1.png

The logo is the Chicago logo with the feathers recoloured to represent the colours of the 4 junior A teams St. Catharines has had. From left to right: The ORIGINAL St. Catharines Blackhawks, Fincups, Teepees, and Falcons.

C+C please.

i think the red ones are two similar to the blacks hawks .Well actually they all are. I would try a different styles of stripes

i think the red ones are two similar to the blacks hawks .Well actually they all are. I would try a different styles of stripes

That was the point.

ohh well in that case i think the red ones are the nicest then the white ones. I think the black ones need a little whit on the stripes or something to make ot stand out

Added some white without making it identical to the other two. C+C please.

BlackHawks9.png

i think thats a nice upgrade but i still think it is lacking some thing

being someone who recalls the St. Kitts Blackhawks of yesteryear... where Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita got their starts... it was an exact replica of the Chicago sweaters except for the patch that was on the shoulder...but now you have eliminated that patch which works fine...

my one comment has nothing to do with the logo but actually the real possibility of this sweater ever being allowed in the OHL.... if you have seen the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL...well sorry..but it is the same logo... (Blackhawk logo from Chicago) so i am sure in this day and age.. and marketing... that they would never let that happen...

i like what you have done.. but on the other hand OHL hockey is now big business and if St. Catharines was to get a team..they would come up with some goofy name like

"Grape Stompers" or ?? for a name... or maybe "Raptors" what the heck does that have to do with Toronto...?? but i digress.. too bad the NBA never used their brain...

and at the time the team started up .. the movie Jurrasic Park was big...!!

my one comment has nothing to do with the logo but actually the real possibility of this sweater ever being allowed in the OHL.... if you have seen the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL...well sorry..but it is the same logo... (Blackhawk logo from Chicago) so i am sure in this day and age.. and marketing... that they would never let that happen...

I didn't really lik e the choice of name when they announced it. Sure, we used to have the Blackhawks, but no Portland has a team quite similar to them in the jersey and logo department, so I thought something else would work better. I would've supported the city naming them the Teepees or the Fincups, because they are more original names, and could have jersey/logos that were unique to them.

Archived