My First Uniform Concept

josdin00

Well, I finally found a template and modified it for photoshop (I don't have Illustrator), and finished my first concept. I actually started with trying to make may own logo for my FF team. I've had my helmet template for a while, so I just needed something to put on it. I liked the idea of a negative-space logo, so I went to work on that. Then, after discovering this forum, I decided that my team needed uniforms, so ....Well you all get the idea.

I'm still a bit iffy on the workmark, but since it's the first one I've done, I decided I wasn't going to get it perfect without some critique, so here's the concept. Please critique it to death if you must. I need the feedback.

CLWFullTeamID.jpg

it's okay, but i don't really feel a sports vibe with the logo and wordmark. Maybe try and incorporate a football into the logo, or just another object. The uniforms are good, but maybe try to match your numbering with the wordmark. The wordmark is maybe a bit off topic of football, so try using one that conveys a sports attitude. Other than that, it's a good start, and as long as you take critisism, you will get good fast.

its pretty nice. personally, i like the combination of blue and gold. The logo is simple but very good. The wordmark could use some work, it looks a little too generic right now. I'm not really sure where to go with taht, though..

TDZiMMB.png

I agree that the logo and wordmark are a little less sports-like, but the helmet logo is great. Where did you get that helmet template?

The helmet template is one I created myself. I started with a Browns logo (ie, the helmet) in photoshop, blanked it out, and set up layers for the colors, shading, and highlights. If anyone wants the .psd, I'll be happy to share. In fact, I'll post it to the templates thread shortly.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll work on overhauling the workmark, and will post the update when I'm done. If there are any other suggestions out there, please let me know.

Archived