New website logo

wildwing64

Some friends and I recently began developing a new NHL site, made by fans, for fans. We will hopefully launch the site early September to tie-in with the start of the NHL preseason. We have decided to name the site PowerPlayGoal.com.

Whilst they began site development, I began work on the logo. So far I have designed three different versions of the logo:

ppgoldlogosg2.png

This is the original logo, which we have stuck with during most of the site's development.

ppgaltlogotg2.png

This one was originally an alternate logo to be used on the site's forum. This was eventually ditched because one of my friends really disliked the font.

ppglogoproto3hj4.png

I suppose this one is currently the final logo, but as the original is currently still being used, that remains in question. I combined elements from the first two designs, as well as try to implement our site's colour scheme of midnight blue, bullet red and titanium silver.

I'm still working on finalising the logo, but I need some C&C to help me improve the logo greatly, while keeping the layout of the logo the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Thanks, Fonz. I wasn't sure if the stronger outline for the text would work, but I've tried something else instead.

I've redeveloped the third logo shown there; the text now has a blue and icy white gradient, and the red has been removed from the hockey stick. I made two versions of this one, both with a different outline colour: one has red, the other has silver, but I'm not sure which one looks better:

ppglogoproto4jp8.png

ppglogoproto5oi6.png

C&C please

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Well depending on the background you choose to put the logo on, I would choose accordingly. One colour outline might work better than another depending on the background used.

The background as it stands is:

header_short.jpg

it does need some readjustments still such as the blues. I hope this helps your comments.

(Oh and I should explain, Im one of the other 2 people wildwing64 mentioned earlier)

Kev.

gostars7py.jpg

Archived