Asking permission from you guys...

vicfurth

Vic, I think what you need to do is decide on who you want your honoree to be and then PM that individual asking for permission.  The decision can't be a group decision among the designers that contribute to this board because if 90% say yes, that's not necessarily a grant of permission if the concept you choose happens to come from a designer who did not say yes.  It's nice, though, that you are making an effort to (1) promote the talents of the contributing designers, and (2) ask for permission before moving forward with something that might have a negative impact on someone's website.  I just think there's a more effective way to go about it.  Good luck to you.

Uh, yeah. It's cool. It's outta the box, original, & well executed. It's the kinda design where you don't even have to look at the caption on the bottom to know who made it. I might decide to have a vote, who knows? Maybe a thread like Iron Crossover or Discrimibattle every month to determine who gets on my front page. That'd be fun. Yeah, I think I'll do that. I might also add a "requests" link, where people who visit, don't see something they like, could send me ideas for concepts. My site is far from perfect, but (thanx to my computer guru friend who's name won't be mentioned because I haven't asked his permission) it's a lot better than when I started. Back to the matter of the COTM award, who thinks a vote would be better?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived