Fantasy logo

rcb05

I'm designing a logo for my fantasy team, called the Delta X Rockets (long story behind the name). I'd like to stick to using just white/black/shades of gray, and in the past I've always used the triangular delta signal accompanied by roman numerals (x=10). Anyway, here's two versions of a logo I came up with (had to do it in paint). Let me know what you think, which version is better, what I could do to better it, etc.

200560482_ba07932dc1_o.jpg

200560483_5cdc4fd2f6_o.jpg

Version 2 is strong, but get rid of the little black triangle on the right. I think the human eye can make the connection that it's a triangle (I know it's the Greek symbol Delta - duh) without it.

You also might take a stab at having the black border around each character not be separate to the character but have them come together. It might tie it all together nicely. Something like this:

dxgv2.png

UPDATE:

Okay, so the changes ended up being pretty drastic, and I decided to take this logo in a slightly different direction. While I liked the color scheme and the lettering, nothing about it said "Rockets." So I messed around with it and this is what I came up with:

- Obviously I kept the Delta symbol and the X, added the R for Rockets for length, and stacked them vertically to form the shape of a Rocket.

- The two black stripes at the top of the rocket represent my two league championships in 2001 and 2002.

-It's very vertical right now, I can't decide if it needs something to widen it or not.

Obviously once again there are several versions, so let me know which you like, and any other C&C is also welcome. I'm thinking I like the solid gray one.

200797517_451b23b734.jpg200797519_9da5c73c97.jpg200807552_6b4f5dfdf7.jpg

200807551_3c0620032c.jpg200807553_dee912bc23.jpg

Eh.

If I had to pick, I guess #4 works - l like the flame shading. Otherwise, I think the original concepts were more interesting. I don't think people are going to get the triangle/delta connection since it's been de-emphasized in the this concept.

This could potentially work as a secondary logo, but I don't see it working on the side of a football helmet, which to me, is the ultimate test.

Just brainfarting here, but perhaps just a rocket wordmark with some "rocket elements" (a flame out of the "R", fins along the word, a pointy element on the "s") underneath the delta and through the "X" on the original could convey your desire to incorporate a rocket motif.

Honestly, once people understand the greek and roman characters I would tend to think they'd get the connection - when I hear delta 10, I think rockets, but that's just me.

All that being said, I know that once I like an idea, there's probably nothing that can be said to change my mind, so if you're digging the look, go for it!

UPDATE:

Okay, so the changes ended up being pretty drastic, and I decided to take this logo in a slightly different direction. While I liked the color scheme and the lettering, nothing about it said "Rockets." So I messed around with it and this is what I came up with:

- Obviously I kept the Delta symbol and the X, added the R for Rockets for length, and stacked them vertically to form the shape of a Rocket.

- The two black stripes at the top of the rocket represent my two league championships in 2001 and 2002.

-It's very vertical right now, I can't decide if it needs something to widen it or not.

Obviously once again there are several versions, so let me know which you like, and any other C&C is also welcome. I'm thinking I like the solid gray one.

200797517_451b23b734.jpg200797519_9da5c73c97.jpg200807552_6b4f5dfdf7.jpg

200807551_3c0620032c.jpg200807553_dee912bc23.jpg

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

It sounds like nobody is really digging the rocket design, which is a bit disappointing because I really like it. I altered it to include only the Delta and the X, so it's a bit shorter/more versatile. Unfortunately I did it on my home computer so I'll have to wait until tonight to post it. Any other ideas on where I could take this logo would be appreciated. I'm a novice at best.

Now that I have officially spent WAY too much time on this, I submit another update.

The first is another rocket logo, just removing the R

axf.jpg

The next is a simplified Delta X logo, with the shading removed, and the X is smaller, placed within the Delta with colors inverted.

axss.jpg

I also created a wordmark for this logo.

wordmark.jpg

C&C welcome, as always.

Archived