FIFA 07 out 10/3

friedfish

Has anybody here purchased Fifa 07 (out today) yet? If so, how do they portray the kits? Up-to-Date sponsors, syles, etc? I'm thinking about getting this game soon, and I'm hoping it's as realistic as possible, or at least better uni-wise than its American football counterpart.

I got the game yesterday and played it for a few minutes. Generally, the kits look to be the same as last year in the sense that some of the lesser known teams do not have their exact kits, just the correct color(s). It appears that new sponsors on shirts made the game, for example, Man U. has AIG. I'll update after I've played more.

Got to play for a few hours last night...the game looks so much better than last year on the current gen. All of the presentation updates in the World Cup game are in tow, with a handful of new stadiums and the updated uniforms. Being an Arsenal fan, I did notice that the team's socks are all red, instead of the proper white with red cuffs. In defense of EA, the team wore red socks during some of the early August exhibitions, so the programmers might have been using that template.

Played with Real Madrid in the Bernabeu, as well. Uniforms are spot on and you can buy the purple third kit in the store.

Emirates Stadium in the game is lined with red and white banners on the grandstand edges...unfortunately, the actual stadium isn't that colorful yet (AFC, take note). If Wembley Stadium in reality looks as nice as the one in the game, it will be a gem.

In the player edit, you can have them wearing Nike/adidas shoes, but the selection isn't as variable as the World Cup game. I enjoyed being able to accumulate points and buy shoes for my custom players in the WC game and seeing that removed here was a disappointment.

I'll report more fun later.

You can't forget that the Nike tick is present once again on the shirts, unlike the past few years. Some of the number colors are off, but that's to be expected given the number of clubs in the game. There's also a huge collection of Adidas balls. The one thing I've always wondered though, is why the Camp Nou is missing the Barca crest on their respective positions on the pitch.

Archived