Jersey question

sc49erfan15

I recently picked up a Denver Nuggets "Hardwood Classics" shooting shirt. ($10 :D) It has the old "Jumping Nuggets Guy with pickaxe and basketball" logo on the back neckline...my question is when did the Nuggets switch from this logo to the "Rainbow Skyline" logo? I want to get this personalized with English and the number 2, and I'm not sure if Alex English was ever a Nugget when this logo was used. English was a Nugget starting in the 80-81 season, does anyone know when they switched logos?

Thanks!

Oh, and does anybody know about how much it might cost to have the lettering done in tackle-twill?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

That's Maxi the Miner.  Maxi is a badass.  

English started playing in '79 for the Nugs.  While that makes sense, and I know the skyline change was in 80-81, I can't ever remember seeing any video or pics of him wearing the Maxi the Miner gear.  

If you want to get the Nuggets great from the Maxi the Miner era, go with #33 David Thompson.

Just checked my media guide, and I know why English wearing Maxi doesn't seem familiar -- he only wore the Maxi gear for one season, and in that season he only played 24 games.

Technically, you could still get English on it if you wanted.

BTW, is this a shirt or a jersey?  If it's a jersey (dark blue, maroon on the sides), I have the same one.  I love that jersey.

It's more like a shooting shirt. It's sleeveless, white with red collars, and has a blue arch on the front with NUGGETS in red/white tackle twill (similar to the current Sonics unis). I tried to find a pic, but I couldn't.

I think I'll still get English on it. He's my favorite basketball player (hugely underrated...wore the Rainbow Skyline jersey, one of my all-time favorites...and he's from South Carolina!)

Oh, and English wore #2 his whole tenure with the Nuggets, correct (specifically the 79-80 season)? I'm pretty sure he did, just making sure there weren't any crazy number-switches that would make the #2 on the back of this jersey incorrect.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived