steelers and Woverines in white road pants

cableguy

Two somewhat interrelated questions

I remember seeing a picture of the Pittsburgh Steelers wearing WHITE pants on the road one season, I would guess mid 70's maybe? What is the story about that and any pics?

Also I just saw a pic of the Michigan woverines football team against Ohio State at Columbus where Michigan also wore white pants...year? story and pics if possible?

I remember seeing a picture of the Pittsburgh Steelers wearing WHITE pants on the road one season, I would guess mid 70's maybe? What is the story about that and any pics?

Also I just saw a pic of the Michigan woverines football team against Ohio State at Columbus where Michigan also wore white pants...year? story and pics if possible?

Year for Michigan pants was 1974. The '74 Mich-OSU game was on ESPN Classic on Wednesday.

Steelers wore white pants with white jerseys for sure in 1970. NFL Films' year-ender highlight film shows Steelers in white pants with the white jerseys, but yellow pants with black jerseys.

Year for Michigan pants was 1974. The '74 Mich-OSU game was on ESPN Classic on Wednesday.

Steelers wore white pants with white jerseys for sure in 1970. NFL Films' year-ender highlight film shows Steelers in white pants with the white jerseys, but yellow pants with black jerseys.

From what I understand, the Stillers wore the white pants with the white jerseys only in 1970 and 1971. Not sure why...

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Thanks so much for the pic..I was beginning to think I had alzheimers because I vaugely rememberd seeing a picture of them in those pants years ago but couldnt find one to verify it

Any steeler or wolverine fans out there who might know the story behind this unusual switch in pants?

Here's a pic of the Steelers visiting the Dolphins in 1971. I got this from www.sipictures.com:

Steelers at Dolphins 1971

Archived