Another hockey auto tragedy

yh

Former Chicago Blackhawk Keith Magnuson was killed in an auto accident Monday night after the car he was riding in was involved in a crossover collision.  The driver of the car in which he was riding was former Rockie/Blue/Lightning defenceman Rob Ramage.  Ramage, who had surgery yesterday for a dislocated hip, was believed to be under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident.  Ramage may be prosecuted and if convicted could be imprisoned for life.

Why is it that people just don't seem to understand that drinking and driving is a terrible idea fraught with the potential for tragedies such as this?

Ah, Rob Ramage, captain of my Leafs when I started off as a fan.

From what I've read, Ramage has been charged with driving under the influence, and reckless driving causing death.

Ironic, they were on their way home after attending the funeral of former Penguins star Keith McCreary.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It really upsets me that every time I hear of any athlete, past or present, being involved in an accident, my first thought is whether drinking or drugs were involved. And of course it goes without saying, prayers & best wishes to both families.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Archived