Suspensions-A-Pleanty

Nick 1733

Applause for someone whose mind isn't being controlled like they're some robot. I'm tired of people calling his punch a sucker punch. A sucker punch is punching someone who isn't A. paying attention or B. can't defend themselves. From the distance Anthony was standing from Collins plus that Collins was running his mouth (watch the video closely), it wasn't a sucker punch. As for the running away part, when someone runs they have their back turned to the situation. That's wasn't running away that was defense mode. I'm not saying that he wasn't scared in some part but the media and their brainwashing of the fans has made everyone call this a sucker punch. When you got ESPN reporters, columnists repeatedly saying "SUCKER PUNCH" on every show, what is the fan going to think if you're not smart enough to think with your own mind. That's why that Sportsnation poll said Anthony was the person at blame for the brawl when it was really little Nate Robinson who had audacity to say the Nuggets were showboating when like two weeks ago he tried that "slam dunk contest" dunk during like the second quarter in the game against the Cavaliers. What a hypocrite.

When the fight is basically over, everyone is calmed down and Melo comes in from two feet away and decks Mardy Collins who, like everyone else on the court, is no longer in an overly aggressive state, that my friend, is a sucker punch.

It was a good punch... but a sucker punch nonetheless.

Nate Robinson is a wild little punk... but that's why I love him. If he wants to try and jump over Spud Webb in the middle of the second quarter, I don't care, 'cause 9 out of 10 times, he's leading the second unit with tons of energy and real desire. He's ready to fight, which is what traditional New York Knicks basketball is about... hell, that's what New York is all about. People seem to think this was so horrible... put this situation into 1994, or just move 1994's Knicks roster to the present day. You don't think Oakley and Mason would've dropped J.R. Smith? And you don't think Starks, Oak, Mase, Harper, etc. would've been more than willing to fight? George Karl is up 19 points, leaves three starters in the game to destroy the Knicks... I would've fouled someone hard too - not to start a fight, but to at least let you know, if you want to win by 19, you can do it graciously. The minute you start to showboat on the MSG court, you're going to have a few bruises to show it. The Knicks have been worthless pussies since 2000... I may hate Isiah Thomas, but I'm thankful he's trying to bring some form of toughness back to the team.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived