PANTONE problems in Illustrator CS2

Nick 1733

Okay, I was thinking and thought I'd post this here...

When I switched over to Illustrator CS2 from CS, the PANTONE colors seem off. They appear MUCH lighter than before. Like for example, the red & blue for the US flag (186 C & 280 C) look way too light for the colors that they are representing. Another is the Broncos & Bears navy blue seems almost like a dark royal blue instead of a navy blue.

So two questions from this...

1. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. Does anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?

It might be a monitor setting, or something within the RGB definitions. Check the preferences, they should be under "Color Settings".

Have your prints been affected as well? Or is it just the way the colors appear on screen?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It might be a monitor setting, or something within the RGB definitions. Check the preferences, they should be under "Color Settings".

Have your prints been affected as well? Or is it just the way the colors appear on screen?

I haven't printed anything with it yet. I know it's not the monitor because on mine everything is darker than usual (like websites and all my other graphics, pre-CS2) but I don't know what's wrong. Dennis (LMU) said he has the same problem.

I know both Dennis and I use a PC and not a Mac. If that might be the problem.

Under View, make sure that Proof Colors isn't checked. I've had that issue before. Otherwise, the only other thing might be if Pantone updated their library.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived