Not Enough Black Coaches

Does Myles Brand want more white cornerbacks?

No, but I understand he's forming a proposal regarding the distinct lack of Asian punters.

Seriously, this sort of effort at forcing racial equality is a prime example of attempting to address a problem in the most backward of fashions. The NFL's minority hiring program is a laughingstock because it guarantees interviews to otherwise underqualified candidates, which will be nothing but token interviews. Let us all remember that former Bears defensive coordinator/blithering idiot was making the rounds for head coach openings a few years back. Do you honestly think anyone with his credentials would have even been given a thought if not for his skin color? The Detroit Lions wanted to hire Steve Mariucci, and so they did. And for that, they should get fined for not giving the proper consideration to Dennis Green? Come on.

A local sports talk show put it best, when discussing what a token interview with a black coaching candidate must sound like:

"Well, yes, we brought you in here today, just to verify for us that you are, indeed, black. You are? Great! Well, thank you for your time and your interest in this position."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived