Wake Forest Football

Ben5

About 10 months ago, I started a thread where I did concepts for all the ACC football schools. Not a bad thread, if I do say so myself. Since then, I've had a few ideas on how to improve these concepts. I'm not sure I'll be able to get through all of them (some were just so perfect), but here is a start. Ladies and gentlemen, the ACC Champions, the Wake Forest Demon Deacons!

wakeforest.png

These look pretty good. It is hard with Wake Forest to not go over-the-top on the black or the gold, which you did not. However, I would switch the alternate road and the road. The numerals also look great, but you might want to put a small WF above the numbers on the front. Also, I might use the Deamon Deacons' head on the sleeves of the alternate jersey for a different look.

These are classy, and anything is a step ahead of the Nike bib crap that they have now. B+

I like the redesign, BB. It works for Wake Forest.

My only suggestion would be to get the Deacon's head somewhere on the uniform. My first preference would be as the helmet logo. The "WF" monogram is just so boring: a serifed typeface, unitalicized, and outlined. All the other schools in the ACC (and without rigorously researching this, I am going to say the vast majority of schools, save Oklahoma, Washington and Nebraska) do something to jazz up the monogram a little - a unique font, motion/slanting, interlocking letters. But this has been my main gripe with WFU's football uniforms for some time, considering they have a unique and distinctive mascot at their disposal.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived