This Guy has his own Column...

Fred T. Jane

Seriously, how can you write such a mentally retarded column and get away with it, much less have a local radio show for 15 years. <_<

For background, he's been a Saints fan since the beginning, and has to watch games in a locked room by himself because his wife doesn't want his kids to see him throw things at the TV and generally act like a doofus during Saints games. Naturally, he gladly admits to this on the radio, and generally gets in illogical rants with callers who flamebait him. He never seems to hang up on any one, unless you question his IQ and tell him that he needs mental help. I mean, what kind of mean person would do that? I mean, I was telling him the truth and all!

Wait, did I just say that? :D Yet another reason why I love Sirius.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll...352/1006/SPORTS

Foote Notes: Magical season no guarantee of '07 success

Kevin Foote

kfoote@theadvertiser.com

It's way down on the list of things New Orleans Saints fans want to consider after a brief glimpse at greatness interrupted 40 years of waiting this season.

But unfortunately, it's time to be patient again, folks.

Those selling Saints merchandise and tickets don't want to hear it.

All the fans who recently began believing again or jumped back on the bandwagon certainly don't want to hear it.

History tells us, though, not to expect big things out of the Saints next season.

If everyone involved - from the owner to future Saints free agents, and even the fans - remains patient, though, it can happen again in 2008.

More than getting to the NFC Championship, however, the truly magical thing about the 2006 season was that South Louisiana fell in love with the Saints again. From the return to the Superdome to the home playoff win over Philadelphia, no one was ridiculing the Saints this season.

Diehard Saints fans were spending more energy kicking people off the bandwagon than trying to convince the cynics to stick with the organization.

Now, it's a matter of patience again. From a purely football perspective, it will be a greater accomplishment if the Saints go to the playoffs next season than it was going to the NFC title game this year.

Are they going to add more talent? Yes. Do they have as much work to do to build a winner in 2007? No.

Yet history shows that it's not going to happen next season.

As crazy as this sounds, consider a few things.

Think back through the last 10 to 15 seasons of professional sports, teams that enjoy rags-to-riches stories or do something their organization hasn't done in decades or ever very rarely deliver an encore performance that next season.

The teams that were really a fluke, falter for several years. The ones that weren't, rebound in style two years after the miracle campaign.

The examples are too many to name. But consider teams like the Ravens, Buccaneers, Panthers, Falcons and even Patriots in the NFL, or teams like the Diamondbacks, Angels, White Sox, Astros and Marlins in baseball.

Yes, even the Patriots went 9-7 and didn't make the playoffs after their first Super Bowl title.

Like breaking up, following up Cinderella seasons is just very hard to do in pro sports.

The Saints' own history even tells us that.

After the first playoff season in 1987, the Saints finished tied for first at 10-6 the next season but lost the tiebreaker and didn't make the playoffs. After the playoff win in 2000, the team wasn't awful in 2001, but went 7-9 and out of the playoffs.

Division history also points against the Saints' 2007 chances. Not since the 49ers did it in 1994-95 has a team won two straight division titles in a division that the Saints have participated in.

From a strategy standpoint, opposing coaches are going to have a much better book on Sean Payton's offense next season. Plus, the officiating in Sunday's game may be a hint of back to normal in 2007. The well-officiated 2006 Saints season may have been a one-time thing.

None of this is to make anyone panic, throw away their new Saints' fan club memberships or become grouchy, cynical Saints fans again.

It's merely a bit of advice and encouragement to stick with Payton and company for the long haul. This past season was magical in many ways.

They won't all be that way.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

From a strategy standpoint, opposing coaches are going to have a much better book on Sean Payton's offense next season. Plus, the officiating in Sunday's game may be a hint of back to normal in 2007.

Uh, what? Did this guy watch a different game where the Saints didn't fumble and intentionally ground the ball like a hot potato?

I think the Saints have a few more years in their window. Reggie Bush is yet to peak. If he gets better, watch out. Sean Payton has proven himself to be quite a good coach, even if he got thoroughly, utterly, wire-to-wire outclassed in the last game. The Saints should win 9 to 12 games next year, though.

The Saints definitely have a few more years of success ahead of them. Especially since the NFC is so weak, but I expect them to be even better next year, maybe same record wise, but tougher in the playoffs at least.

Yes, but don't forget that "the officiating in Sunday's game may be a hint of back to normal in 2007. The well-officiated 2006 Saints season may have been a one-time thing."

:wacko:

Even Saints fans buy the conspiracy theory that Goodell gave them the benefit of the doubt!

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived