Hartford Whalers Concepts

tulanebc

Ok, a LONG LONG time ago, I had a few Whalers concepts NOT using the Swift jersey template....and i'm bringing them back for review...all 8 of them...and they are NOT swifties....they are the old-school template.....because I said so. :-D

Feast your eyes....and C-N-C are ALWAYS appreciated.....let the whale hunting begin.

Whalers Home

whalershomegr6.png

Whalers Away

whalersawayqc6.png

Whalers Heritage Home

whalersheritagehomegv9.png

Whalers Heritage Away

whalersheritageawayth6.png

Here are the other 4 jerseys.....

Whalers Alt. Away

whalersaltawayyo8.png

Whalers Alt. Home

whalersalthomedj2.png

Whalers Alternate 1

whalersalt1ot7.png

Whalers Alternate 2

whalersalt2gs1.png

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

...I wasn't much of a Whalers fan as a kid living in Louisiana....but I hate how that franchise was just allowed to leave like that...the more I researched them, the more they reminded me of my Saints in football...minus the moving part....ALSO they have ALMOST the same colors as my Tulane Green Wave...:-D

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Oh, and if you all get confused by the "heritage" jersey I created...it's a nod to the original design and colors of the team, using the modern design of the stripes and lines in the newer jerseys....

willieMcGee_2.jpg

I liked when Hartford darkened the colors and added the silver, I never was too crazy about the original color scheme. It's nice to see that you didn't jump on the band wagon of edge template users and I have done it already myself even though I don't like tham at all. The design you used reminds me of the Thrashers. My favorite ones from the bunch is the alt. home and the alt. road uniforms. Try changing the way the blue and the white go across the shoulders, maybe like the San Antonio Rampage used to have their old two tone blue unis like this.

http://www.spapparel.com/cataloge.html

Check under page 14 special, on the topline the left and center jerseys. :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I liked when Hartford darkened the colors and added the silver, I never was too crazy about the original color scheme. It's nice to see that you didn't jump on the band wagon of edge template users and I have done it already myself even though I don't like tham at all. The design you used reminds me of the Thrashers. My favorite ones from the bunch is the alt. home and the alt. road uniforms. Try changing the way the blue and the white go across the shoulders, maybe like the San Antonio Rampage used to have their old two tone blue unis like this.

http://www.spapparel.com/cataloge.html

Check under page 14 special, on the topline the left and center jerseys. :hockeysmiley:

Hmmm....you've got me thinking here....I'll tinker around with some smoother lines...and a lil more doodads...and we will see....when I'm done, I'll do a whole new post and check it out there.....

THANKS!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

Just a thought, while your working on the new versions. Why not work on a modern version of the whale logo they used for the shoulder patches on the sweaters in the 80's. I think his name was Pucky but I am not too sure of that. Maybe even create a brand new one to honor Hartford itself. Just a thought.

"Ok, well, I guess no more MSPaint concepts from me. Nice knowing y'all."

Don't stop posting just because you may not have gotten the response that you had hope for. Keep working at it, maybe overhaul a concept or make minor improvements to them. Possibly even take an idea for one thing and than try it for something else because it may fit that idea better. Just don't give up, keep trying. :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived