Logo design question

Avsman

I have a question for the fine folks inhabiting these parts. I am looking to design my first logo. I'm not really sure what programs to use. I would like to give my fantasy teams a visual identity. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but maybe not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

I hope this doesn't come out wrong, but if you are beginning, the first tool to get experience with should probably be the good old fashioned pencil. While you learn how to compose good art, do don't want to be burdening yourself with learning software as well. Just get some good working sketches to get a handle on the craft. Many (most?) serious designers draw their logos manually before importing them into a program for tracing anyway. Take it for what its worth, but I think you will get the most out of your time, and the biggest satisfaction, if you go that route. Good Luck!

LT

I had a graphic artist tell me about a year and a half ago that develop your hand skills (drawing). You need to know how to draw. I do draw a lot of logos, yet there are some that I find reference for as I've recreated logos for Nascar Racing 2003. Just draw, do it 15 mintues a day. In a year you'll look back and see your progress. As far as programs, probably two of the best would be corel draw or illustrator. But I can't stress enough, draw, draw, draw. :D

Archived