U of Alabama Basketball Court

Jungle Jim

Was just watching Kentucky lose another game, this time at Alabama. Something that is distracting me is that the "SEC" logos that are painted at the free throw lines are upside down. All the SEC teams have this logo in this location on their courts, so I'm assuming it was some sort of conference decision. Shouldn't someone have made sure that everyone did it in a uniform fashion? The way Alabama has theirs looks bad, especially given that the text in the endzones is oriented the other direction. What were they thinking?

Was just watching Kentucky lose another game, this time at Alabama. Something that is distracting me is that the "SEC" logos that are painted at the free throw lines are upside down. All the SEC teams have this logo in this location on their courts, so I'm assuming it was some sort of conference decision. Shouldn't someone have made sure that everyone did it in a uniform fashion? The way Alabama has theirs looks bad, especially given that the text in the endzones is oriented the other direction. What were they thinking?

I believe that all of the teams in the conference that have the "SEC" in the lane have it facing toward the basket. I know when we added it at Tennessee before last year that was the way the SEC requested that it be placed. It is also that way on the court that the conference uses at the SEC Tournament. It is done this way so it can be read properly by end zone cameras, or at least that was the reasoning they used on the documentation that was provided to us.

Yeah the one at Rupp (and Memorial for the women), South Carolina, Auburn, and LSU, have it facing away from the basket. Arkansas, Georgia, Florida Mississippi State and Vandy don't have the logo in the lanes, Ole Miss has the retro circular SEC logo in the lanes facing the basket, and Tennessee and Alabama. The diagrams of the courts for the mens and womens tournaments have it facing the basket as well.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived