Northwest Arkansas Naturals

mfoster

The black and white version of the logo on that PDF looks better than the color one. I guess that means I don't dig the color scheme. The red doesn't seem necessary. The hats are OK. I'd probably get one if the make them in a halfway comfy 7 5/8ths :P

Ozark Naturals might have been a better name, after the region. But perhaps the team was afraid no one would know where that was, although I do think most people do know.

Most people would associate Ozark with us, especially since the town of Ozark is only about 5 miles south of Springfield, and they used to have the Ozark (later Springfield/Ozark) Mountain Ducks (later just Ducks) of the Texas-Louisiana League and then the Frontier League.

Oops. Forgot about the Mountain Ducks. Whatever happened to them? I presume they had to move when the Cardinals came in.

It wasn't that they HAD to. But once Hammons Field opened in April 2004, then with the anouncement of the Cardinals coming that August, there was no chance they would survive. 2003 was their last year. They knew Hammons was opening the next April (though at the time it was just for Missouri State, though everybody knew we were gonna land a Double-A team with this place). They were a novelty and drew well for awhile because we were just so starved for pro baseball around here. But ultimately, affiliated ball was what we really wanted and once that oppurtunity came, there was just no need, nor anybody wanting to go see an Independent League team. And thus the Ducks flew south for good...

... No really they did. I think they became the Pensacola Pelicans, which is in Florida... which is south...

^_^

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived